This section of the website is dedicated to the Conex-Plus Project
“LIT! Reception of catacomb art in European culture and architecture between the 19th and 20th century“
a Marie Curie Cofund Project of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid led by Dr. Chiara Cecalupo.
Here we will share the main outputs of the project
for a wider dissemination of the results
The project LIT!
In the 19th century the fever of Christian art exploded in Europe and expressed in many special ways. One of these is the birth of many architectural buildings and constructions inspired by catacomb art, i.e. fac-simile catacombs, museums structured as catacombs, internal decoration of private rooms.
There are traces of this
phenomenon in many European countries, that had undoubted repercussions of culture
and art of Europe between the 19th and the 20th century.
The project LIT! analyses in depth these cases, their influxes and effect
on European culture.
Follow the development of the project!
- February 15th 2023: The book is out!
- November 24th, 2022: Second talk “Revealing Christian Heritage” – Spain edition
- November 2nd, 2022: Project results: latest publications
- July 22nd, 2022: Past, present and future of the museum of the Roman-Christian Necropolis of Tarragona
- July 14th, 2022: Conference at the Museu Biblìc!
- June 1st, 2022: New outcome from the project LIT!
- April 1st, 2022: An incredible museum for an incredible Christian cemetery: the paleo-Christian Necropolis of Tarragona
- March 26th, 2022: LIT! @ 2022 MSCAA Conference
- March 18th, 2022: Exposition “Una postal de las catacumbas”: Press coverage
- March 17th 2022: A postcard from the catacombs: new exposition at Universidad Carlos III
- March 10th 2022: Alois Riegl on facsimile copies in 1903
- March 7th, 2022: Iconographic echoes of Roman catacombs and churches in some mosaics of the Verano (Rome): the LIT! project at AISCOM 2022
- March 2nd, 2022: The LIT! project at AISCOM
- February 22nd, 2022: February 2022: the month of Giovanni Battista de Rossi
- October 28th, 2021: Gods’ Collections: The Catacombs in Rome
- September 27th, 2021: Revealing Christian Heritage: Abstracts Book
- September 26th, 2021: Online talk: Revealing Christian Heritage
- September 13th, 2021: LIT! at the 27th EAA Annual Meeting
- August 23rd, 2021: LIT! Project in the 27th MCAA NEWSLETTER
- July 16th, 2021: Vintage pictures from Valkenburg
- July 8th, 2021: Report
- June 14th, 2021: Similar researches in Open Research Europe
- May 16th, 2021: Update on the project
- April 25th, 2021: Tusculum Museum in Solin (Croatia)